playful marketing expedition™
playful marketing expedition™: A Gentle, Sustainable Approach to Building a Business
This is a self-paced program for creative women entrepreneurs wanting to build their business in a way that is sustainable and gentle, honoring who they are today, not who they think they need to be. I’m designing a unique group offering for a willing Expedition Party.
a very special “play booking” expedition
We’ll be focusing on a foundation for building a sustainable marketing practice by starting with our vision for ourselves and business.
This will be a foundational and required part of all future Expeditions. We’ll look at the soul of your business and start creating a entrepreneurial playbook unique to you.
A playbook can take any form you would like. Some people use a simple word processing file. Others use a Moleskine notebook or create a book from scratch.
The physical structure is not as important as the content that holds it. Please know this is NOT an art journaling class!
No experience required, just an open mind and a willingness to connect with the spirit and soul of your business, dive deep and stay curious about the process.
I would be delighted if you would join me for the inaugural trip!
how it works
I will hold a space for creative exploration, collaboration, partnership and tactical implementation. I expect each of you will be in a different phase of business building, from just getting started to wanting to build on their existing marketing systems and plans.
We’ll focus on a topic, supported by regular emails to build or build on marketing systems to support your business. You’ll have time to process, a space to ask questions and take mindful action to create a sustainable marketing practice.
- Themed “Open Studio” virtual retreat to play with tools, work on assignments or other things you’ve been procrastinating on, or simply be in community with others.
- Partnering for additional support (optional)
- A private online community forum
the playful marketing expedition is for you if:
- You are looking for an introvert-friendly environment, or are an extrovert looking for partnership with a marketing professional.
- You want to get comfortable with the idea of marketing your business.
- You want to grow your business in a way that honors your natural, creative rhythm.
- You need help building a marketing plan that doesn’t depend on cookie cutter road maps.
- You want to take a non-linear path to connect with the soul of your business.
- You’re willing to play and experiment with social media and other marketing technology tools, so you can later decide which ones are best for you and your particular audience.
- You want to have fun exploring the possibilities of marketing your business.
- You want to build a sustainable business in a gentle way.
- You want partners and cheerleaders who encourage you and celebrate your achievements, even if you don’t think they’re successful. (They are always successful, by the way.)
the expedition is NOT for you if:
- You’re looking for a quick marketing bootcamp to kick you into gear.
- You want someone to give you a cookie cutter recipes, templates or formulas to run your business.
why i designed this program
I’m a marketing professional who has deep experience in corporate environments and the sea of social media for many years. I’ve helped launch products online and in retail, created campaigns from consumer to large enterprise customers.
But I’ve found my heart lies in working with startups and connecting deeply with solopreneurs and creative entrepreneurs.
It’s something I’ve wanted to offer for a while, floating this idea to a few trusted friends, forums and tweaking how I’d like it to flow.
This has been designs, in part, in response to some of my own personal experience as a marketing consultant and business owner:
- I’ve taken many online courses, finding myself frustrated in 6-week courses that promise the world. My natural rhythm is slower. I’m gung ho at Week 1 and 2. Get a little behind on Week 3, and so on until I have to download the recordings to listen to later.
- I’m a fan of creative retreating and believe creating intentional time for silence, solitude and deep listening is a necessary part of my personal business cycle and want to encourage others to recognize, acknowledge and honor their personal needs as they build their businesses.
- Today, marketing tools are powerful, accessible and overwhelming. Regardless of how you run your business, I don’t believe entrepreneurs need to mold themselves to marketing tools or conventional marketing planning or systems. These are now flexible enough to fit to the way you want to work, not just the latest shiny object to pounce on. I want each person to play and experiment enough in a safe environment so they can make mindful, intentional decisions about what to bring into their marketing efforts.
- I see businesses evolve as the entrepreneur evolves, so I encourage an iterative, experiential approach to marketing.
I’m looking to partner with a group of committed women and create a safe, playful space to grow.
Interested? Intrigued? Scared? Good!
If this sounds like a program that could help you build and expand your business vision, sign up below to be among the first to be notified about the Playful Marketing Expedition Party!